Frequently Asked Questions About Our Therapy Programs
- Documents will be reviewed by The Stable Grounds.
- The Stable Grounds will contact you regarding your request.
The type of person who will benefit from our program is willing to:
- Work collaboratively in a team
- Engage in working relationships based on mutual trust and respect
- Work through challenges and obstacles in a positive and holistic manner
- Improve problem-solving skills
- Build confidence and self-esteem
- Improve communication skills
- Our guests must be or have been a First Responder / Veteran / Military / Nurse / Correctional Officer / Probation Officer. (Link List)
- Our guests must be drug and substance-free before entering the program.
- Not at risk for self-harm or harming others
- Prescribed medications must be appropriately labeled and in blister packaging supplied by your Pharmacy.
- If necessary, cell phone usage is permitted during specific blocks throughout the day.
- It is strongly encouraged to leave laptops at home.
- No experience with horses is required.
- Certified service dogs are permitted only
- Yes, Saturdays are a day for family visits from 11 AM-4 PM. Times will be prearranged in your schedule.
COVID-19 Update | March 30, 2020
The health and safety of our guests, staff and partners is of utmost priority here at The Stable Grounds Inc. (TSG) We are taking additional precautions by paying special attention to cleanliness and hygiene in our facility. Below are additional actions that we are taking at this time, all of which commence today March 30, 2020:
- Family members and friends will not be able to attend the weekend programs at TSG until further notice. Guest will be able to connect with family and friends via video conferencing or the telephone between the hours of 10:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays.
- Guests and family members will not be invited into TSG residence to assist in the drop off or pick of their loved one. TSG staff will happily assist with luggage from your car to TSG residence.
- Please stay in your car when dropping off or picking up your loved one.
- If you have any questions about the steps being taken at TSG, please contact us at (905)717-5921.
- A typical day involves a variety of scheduled activities such as: various counseling sessions, yoga, meal preparation, journal writing, mindfulness, and more. Elected activities include seasonal activities, brushing horses, hikes, and movie nights. Saturdays are a day for family visits from 11 AM-4 PM, which includes sessions with our on-site therapist/counselor, delivering the Family Program. Sunday is a day of rest, light programming and excursions if you so desire: golf, driving range, beach activities, hiking, snowshoeing, cross-country skiing, etc.
- Guests will be encouraged daily to participate in meal preparation on a rotating schedule, maintain a clean bedroom and excellent hygiene. Rotating housekeeping duties will be assigned, which allows all guests to participate in the functioning of the residence. Guests are required to participate in all scheduled programs.
- Your privacy is our utmost priority. Our staff and guests are required to sign a confidentiality agreement, along with adhering to the Privacy Act.
- Each guest has their own private bedroom. Washrooms are shared by all guests.
- Guests will be required to leave if any of our Code of Conduct Rules are not followed (guests are required to sign this contract before beginning the program).
- All buildings are a smoke/vape free zone. However, we do have a designated smoking area for our guests to use if they wish.
- Vaping is not permitted.
Before you complete any forms, You must be employed, retired or former First Responder / PSP / Military / Veteran / Executive
Please follow these instructions in the order they are listed:
1. Pre-Admission Form
2. Consent to use Electronic Communication Form
3. We will contact you by phone to review your Pre-Admission Form
4. Medical Information Form - Have your Physician, Psychiatrist or Nurse Practitioner complete this form.
After receiving and reviewing forms, one of our clinic staff will contact you by phone to review the details and have an informal discussion
To determine coverage:
Please consult with your insurance company directly
For private payment option please contact [email protected]